Thursday, November 5, 2009

on Not Acting


A bit of a downer - maybe not the same kind of hilarious literary frolicing one might come to expect from this little blog of wonder. I'm in an ugly part of my Artist's Way right now, methinks, mehopes it's just that.

SO I prepped for this Romeo and Juliet audition today that I was going to crash because this girl can't even get appointments anymore for auditions; and they are turning us away. Finally an audition i'm confident and excited about and I can't even get in. Boo Hiss Grr.

This led me to the slippery slope where I look down at my recent past and try to pinpoint the last big thing, see how long i've been in the lurch. I was last cast (and this was a non-speaking role mind you - puppets) in a production that opened in May of 2008. I got the call that I was cast in said production in February of 2008. We are now 3 mos away from February of 2010. That will mark the 2 year anniversary of my being an out of work actor.

Hopefully all of the recent change in my life will bring about change in this arena too. Hopefully the losing the boyfriend, hopefully the losing the weight, hopefully the new shiny headshots, hopefully the new friends, hopefully the new and numerous acting classes will provide some kind of boost so I can bust through this wall i've been banging my head against for the past 2 years. I HOPE.

I know there's nothing for me to do but keep plugging and striving and improving myself but i'm getting exhausted, you can only run for so long before the final destination seems too far and you need to lay in the grass.

Maybe I'll grant myself the gift of some lawn time.

Can I do that? I hope.


Sulk Sulk,

Jennifur


1 comment:

Becki said...

Becki luvs you!