Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To Be or Not to Be (part of a subpar production ...that you've already done)?

Not again. Or maybe one more time?
I assume, since its just you and me, that I can be a little specific here in my queries. Really I just want advice, Jennifur. And I'll probably call you tonight.
So last year I was part of a show which was collection of somewhat obscene monologues and improvisation. It was a good experience. I loved my cast (there were several different casts of the same production... it runs pretty much year round..the same show) and I was glad to be acting again. That is the extent of my theatrical works in New York. Yesterday, the same company called me  (they've done so before  for different shows or auditions for their "company" which you have to pay to be in) to ask if I was interested in auditioning for THE SAME SHOW I did before. I said I had already done the show and the girl tried to flatter me into thinking that I was one of the few that had been selected to be asked back ...to audition. (They totally blindfold themselves and throw their resumes on the floor to see who gets called.)Anyway,  I said "sure" and got an appointment slot. Why did I do this? I don't know. Now I have to decide whether to go or call and cancel. Because its tomorrow. Help!

Yours til the end of time,
Becki

1 comment:

JMD said...

Cancel the thang!
Not to be harsh but:
Don't take back shitty boyfriend OR shows.
Love love!